Tuesday

To Meet the Missionaries

Boy ~ blessings are just pouring out of Heaven on this humble little home. I'm not sure what I've done to deserve all of them. I really don't feel like I know my Savior like I should and want to. Sometimes I think to pray and I just don't do it. Then, of course, I feel guilty later. I know I am nothing before the Lord. He has made me everything that I am, and more that I have yet to find in me.

While heading to wash my car, I needed to stop at the bank ATM to get the cash. As I approached the bank, I felt impressed to go inside rather than use the ATM. That was fine with me because Brenda H. (who I used to work with) was inside. I took T in with me and Brenda came up to see me. She told me that her husband had left her the day after Christmas because he was having an affair. She's only 21, has a 2-year-old and a 9-month-old, and is now a single mom.

Somehow she brought up religion and said that nobody knows which church is true. I told her that I knew that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was true. I then proceeded to tell her that if she listened to the discussions, she could decide for herself. She really didn't comment, but gave me her number and told me to call her and we'd get together.

It's all very ironic because I had always wanted to get up the nerve to invite her to hear the discussions about the gospel but didn't. Well, I called the missionaries and they're coming over for dinner tomorrow. I called Brenda and left an invitation on her answering machine. She called back and said yes! She needs peace in her life and I know this can give that to her.

Brenda was raised in a small town where there really wasn't a lot of morals taught. She's always been really interested in my beliefs though. I pray that everything will go good and that the spirit will be present and strong.