Saturday

Great Quotes from Long Ago

I really appreciated what Joseph F. Smith said in the Millennial Star in 1894... I hope to be able to say this someday as well...

"Father, all that I have, myself included, is Thine; my time, my substance, everything that I possess is on the alter to be used freely, agreeable to Thy holy will, and not my will but Thine, be done."

In 1966, Marion G. Romney stated "the only limitations on you and me is within ourselves." I need to learn to be more passive, humble, and faithful.

The more I learn, the more I realize how unlearned I really am. When I feel I'm doing pretty good ~ that's when I need to sit down and study some real doctrine of the gospel. It always sets me straight.

I had the opportunity to go to the temple yesterday. The first time I've ever gone alone (Note from Lizzy: It had been almost three years and I'd never gone alone. Wow.)I tried to open my mind (despite my nervousness) and I really enjoyed my experience. I feel my mind and my heart has really been opened this week. I thank my Heavenly Father for all He's blessed me with.